OBSERVATION OF A RUNNER

Image result for CLIP ART OF DOG BEING CHASED BY KIDS      While trying to complete my daily 3 mile walk on the track of the middle school across the road, I heard voices screaming frantically, "Bailey!"  I looked over in the direction of the voices and saw a guy and a girl chasing after a older, but long-legged puppy running pell-mell from his owners.  He had no care in the world and as they screamed, he ran further and further.  To tease them, he would turn back and when they tried to grab him, he was off again. He seemed to be totally enjoying the game of chase.  Being a dog, (I know for you dog lovers, you might consider your dog a human being or your baby), but back to my observation, he had no fear of what may be awaiting him. He had no understanding of the garbage truck, trucks hurriedly leaving for work, or frantic mothers and dads in cars dropping off kids for school. To make it more scary, he lacked the information of the highway in the direction that he was running could mean his death and two broken hearts who may witness the accident.   

I confess, there have been times that I wanted to run from..like the psalmist says in Psalm 55:6-8, "I said, 'Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!  I would fly away and be at rest..I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm."  There have been several times in my life, I have run to that verse and repeated it in my mind.  From experience, I can tell you that the shelter, the place of rest, is safely running TO HIM, stopping my run, and allow HIM to gather me in HIS arms and hold me.  I hear the voice of my Lord in Joel 2:13b, "Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and HE relents from sending calamity."  

Finally, I saw the puppy give up and then the girl gathered the pooped-out pup in her arms, and hold on tightly to him.  I hollered at them, "So glad that you won!" In your calamity, your pain, or even your fun and games, I encourage you to RUN to HIM.  HE has a purpose and a plan for your life, and I am living proof that you won't die from any difficulties you face....unless you run FROM HIM. FYI: Do not follow the cues of your flesh! Return to HIM. Forever learning!  In process, still! #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN