TWO THOUGHTS CONCERNING LEARNING



 Image result for google clipart of someone reading the bible  Just in case you might be wondering about the phrase, "you can learn or you can be taught".  I think of the word, learning, to be an action that I am willing to do.  I am willing to put forth the effort to learn.  Taught implies to my mind, that the action is done by someone else upon me and sometimes, it may involve some pain in the process.  I am the receiver of the action.  My thought is taken from 1 Corinthians 11:31-32, the context is examining ourselves before taking of the Lord's "supper" the bread and drink, "But if we judged ourselves rightly, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord in order that we may not be condemned along with the world."  I am a firm believer in the correction of self and learning by hearing the Word of God and the reading of the Word of God.  Of course, always under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.  Sometimes by simple observation, I can learn, THIS is not what I deem necessary for my behavior or attitude.  

As I choose to intercede in prayer for others, I am especially cognizant of the two truths that I see in chapter 12 of 2 Chronicles: 1.  Verse 14:  I must prepare (set/to be erect) my heart (mind, will, and emotions) to frequent, literally wearing out a path to God in worship (prayer, reading His Word, wanting to praise and to hear Him speak).  2.  Verse 8: Lord God may allow my being enslaved to a task master that DOES NOT have my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual BEST welfare as his goal for me.  Simply said, I can serve the Lord with my life or I can experience the misery of being a slave to____________.  You name your master of choice.  I confess that either choice involves SURRENDER,  and my ole pride can be foolish enough to believe the lie,  I AM IN CONTROL when the real truth is THAT WHICH CONTROLS ME IS IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE.  YOU do have a choice!  John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal, and kill and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly."  Forever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN