SIRENS' ALARMS

Image result for google clip  art of sirens going offAs I continue to read in 2 Chronicles about the kings of Judah, I wonder if observation was important to the crown prince who was to follow a king at his death.  Surely the pitfalls were obvious, and the confusion and the chaos of the reign should have been a loud  banging clanging siren signaling corruption, murder, and warfare as alerts.  

I pick up several phrases very casually spoken or dictated and they are HEAVY DUTY in their intent: (1) 2 Chronicles 24:20b "Because you have forsaken the Lord, He has also forsaken you." (2) 2 Chronicles 25:2, "And He did right in the sight of the Lord yet not with a whole heart." (3)2 Chronicles 25:8 "But if you do go, do it, be strong for the battle; yet God will bring you down before the enemy, for God has power to help and to bring down." (4) 2 Chronicles 26:5b "and as long as he sought the Lord, God prospered him." (5) 2 Chronicles 26:15b "Hence his fame spread afar, for he was marvelously helped until he was strong."  (6) 2 Chronicles 26:16 "But when he became strong, his heart was so proud that he acted corruptly, and he was unfaithful to the Lord his God, for he entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense."  The thoughts are set in stone.  What God has said about sin and disobedience, He has not minced any words.  He is adamant about sin for the very reason that models were given to alert the people NOT to walk in disobedience; prophets came to the people and warned them of the penalty of disobedience and the prophet was imprisoned or murdered;  and they kept records and they could look back and see what brought the king to destruction.  Ignorance was not an excuse. 

We have several sirens which send out their alerts and alarms today to us: The Written Word of God which most people have numerous copies to read; we each have or had models of parenting, good and bad; pastors and staff who have spoken truth in our churches; media which is prolific with print for us to read; family members or friends who have encouraged or warned; prayer groups that meet and pray for the unsaved, saved, and disobedient...the list is endless.  We have the Holy Spirit, the Holy Siren as Christ followers who indwells and empowers us to walk in alignment with the Word of God and who alerts us to sin.  Why is it that we are deaf and can't hear or won't hear...or even observe those who have fallen prey to the wiles of the old predator, the evil one? Can I learn by observation or must I experience the hell of agony? When I choose to sin, I am without excuse and no one to blame, and I must take responsibility for grieving the heart of God.  HE did ALL that HE could do in sacrificing HIS Son to die the death that I deserved to die. Am I willing to bring my mind, will, and emotions into alignment to the Word of God or will I use the excuse that I am a victim, I am powerless, and it is hard?  Love one, it is not hard, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!  The very reason that I must humble myself under the mighty hand of God and submit my mind, will, and emotions to the purposes of the Holy Spirit!  HE has been privy to verbal interaction with Father God, and HE knows what is best for my spiritual welfare.  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN