SPIRITUAL EYESIGHT VERSUS PHYSICAL EYESIGHT

Image result for CLIPART OF EYES     Our narrative today is from 2 Kings 6.  This is one of my favorite miracles of Elisha.  There is a truth to be taught and it is very practical.  As you can ascertain, I love practical truths that I can literally wear out in my daily living.  
The king of Aram is at war with Israel.  He finds out that every time he plans strategies with his officers against Israel, that the king of Israel finds out and is prepared for battle.  The king of  Aram is enraged over the leaks of information (sounds familiar?) but an officer speaks up, "But Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom."  The king finds out where Elisha is and sends a mighty troop of men out to capture him. 

Early the next morning, Elisha's servant sees an army with horses and chariots surrounding the city.  He fearfully asks Elisha what they should do.  Elisha replies, "Don't be afraid,...Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." Elisha then PRAYS, "O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.  Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."  

The narrative involves several miracles which I will focus tomorrow.  For today, several observations:
1.  For those of us who have such pride in being realists and seeing things as they are...sometimes, we miss the opportunity for the "eyes of our heart may be enlightened", (Ephesians 1:18) to receive His sight, which is usually a paradigm shift for us.  Colossians  3:1 says that we are seated with Christ in the heavenlies, so it is imperative that we pray asking the Lord, what do YOU want me to see and then to do?
2.  Focus only on the data, the problem, the WHAT that is actual, closes the mind and heart for what could be done if I am willing to see the challenge as HE sees the problem.  I have to decide:  Who is greater?  Who has the most knowledge?  Who has my best welfare at heart?  Is God able to make a way where there is no way from what I can see?
3.  Ole Apostle John speaks reframing Elisha's statement to his servant  1 John 4:4 " You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."  HELLO, THIS SAME TRUTH IS APROPOS FOR YOU AND ME TODAY!
4.  My prayer, "Father open my eyes to see what you see.  I will align my mind, will, and emotions to the Truth of YOUR WORD.  I will trust in YOU with all my heart and will not trust in my understanding.  Praise YOU Father for this opportunity to prove that YOU are faithful God and that YOU, ALONE, are ABLE.  Do YOUR good pleasure, Father...YOUR glory and YOUR honor in and over the circumstance."  Forever learning! In process, still!  #IHAVETHREESONS






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN