Worries/Anxieties/Strangle/Choke

I have a tendency to be a fretter-stewer.  Over my many years, I have had some victories and addressing fretting and stewing for what it is, SIN!  In one of my studies by Jennifer Rothschild, she mentioned that worry is from an old High German wurgen, meaning to strangle.  

As I recall Matthew 13 and the parable of the seeds, I see from the text:  some seeds fell along the path, other seeds fell on rocky ground, other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them, and the last group of seeds fell on good soil and were productive.

I noted that Jesus said of those seeds which fell among thorns,"but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful."  

What a contrast, the seed which fell on good ground "yielded in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty" and in the case of the seeds which were choked out...they were unfruitful!  Zero! Zip! Zaid! Nada! I do have a choice to continue the sinful habit of fretting-stewing or become fruitful in my thought-life and behavior.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN