Circumstances

I was tweeting my thought today from Proverbs 16:20, which is an encouragement and a blessing, when I saw the tweet by one of my favs, Tim Keller, “I am going to judge my circumstances by Jesus’ love, not Jesus’ love by my circumstances.”

Far too often, I am staring at my circumstances, my mistake and mulling, "Father, I know that you love me, but sometimes, I don't feel so loved."  How is that for shallow, yet certainly transparent?  So my reply to all of my circumstances?  I will take up the shield of faith and will extinguish all the flaming darts, lies, and taunts of the evil one.  As the saying goes, "If the mouth is moving, he is lying."  Thank you Father that you are using my circumstances to conform me to the Image of the Lord Jesus.  I will trust you and I will also confess that I am not most comfortable or secure in these circumstances, but then, YOU have never sought me to be comfortable.  As I think of the Lord, not even a place to lay His head, and finite me with the frame of dust, moves to comfort!  Praise You Lord that you are El ROI, the God who sees, omnipresent, omniscient, observant, tender, understanding, and caring.  Use my discomfort to purify my mind and heart to your glory.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN