SOREP, the DIVINE GOLDSMITH, REFINER

I love the early mornings which is my time to settle into the Word of God.  My direction for today, Proverbs 17:3, "The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts."  Of course that sent me to my Bible dictionary once again to find out about the refining of silver and gold.  The goldsmith is the sorep in Hebrew.  May I capitalize SOREP and ask YOU, Mighty All-knowing God to continue the refining in me to remove the dross and the alloy from my life?   Thank the Lord that HE does the refining through afflictions, circumstances, and blessings.  Praise His Name that He removes in mercy and grace.  However, I am reminded by 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse up from all unrighteousness."  We are encouraged in Daniel 11:35 to inspect our motives, decisions, and our attitudes....to refine them/to allow the Spirit of God who resides within us to convict and to draw us to godly and sorrowful repentance. How I need your Holy Spirit discernment to finger the sin and experience anew the cleansing.  All glory and praise to Him for it is He who makes me a renewable resource to His glory!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN