WAITING on the LORD

Does anyone else hate stoplights beside me?  I know how important they are for safety and traffic flow, but I need something to do while I wait.  Our traffic lights are lengthy because of the heavy flow of traffic and I just know that I could be more purposeful in the waiting.  I guess you get it.....I am impatient!  Go ahead and have pity for the children I reared, the deceased husband, the living husband, and the guys and girls that I attempted to teach in my 15 years in the classroom. 

I know that the Holy Spirit has had His eye on me to teach me patience and perseverance.  Although I love Psalm 102:2d, "answer me speedily in the day when I call!"  The psalmist was plagued with the same sin/imperfection/weakness that I see in my life.  Guess I could rationalize and blame first and only child position, type A personality, however the real deal is I want to take charge;  I want to fix it;  I want to get it done and finished; and I am ready to move on to the next challenge.  CONTROL the very same behavior that sent Adam and Eve from the Garden.  

I am learning perseverance and Luke 18 is one of my favorite encouragements: because of the persistence, the perseverance of the widow and her much coming and almost harassing the unjust judge, he was willing to give her justice so that she would not beat him down by her continual coming.  I love the question to reward the widow for her continual coming, "And will not God give justice to His elect, who cry to him day and night? Will He delay long over them? I tell you, He will give justice to them speedily."  Thank you Lord for unrushing me to your perfect display of speed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN