Thesauros/Tresure Chest/Thought-Life

Thoughts are from the study of Jennifer Rothschild's Me, Myself and Lies, a Bible study that I just finished and will do this next 2-3 months with a friend to facilitate with some ladies.  Matthew 12:35, "A good man produces good things from his storeroom of good, and an evil man produces evil things from his storeroom of evil."  Storeroom in the Greek is thesauros, a treasure chest of words.  My thought-life is contained in a treasure chest, a thesauros.  In the fourth grade. we often used a Thesauras to find synonyms for trite words that we often use in writing.  My treasure chest is full of my musings, thoughts, reasonings, and opinions which can become my attitudes, then my actions.  Psalm104:34, May my meditation (musings/siach) be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord."  I have to ask myself the challenging questions:  "Who am I thinking about?"  "What am I thinking about?"  "What am I willing to correct in my musings if they are idle and vain?"  Impure thoughts can surely stink up a thought-life!  Attitudes become actions.  Actions can become habits.  Habits will define my character and maybe even my destiny.  Do I want to be defined by the musings that I put in my treasure chest?  Am I willing to replace impure musings with the TRUTH of the Word of God?  Holy Spirit, thank you that you can handle prompting me to take every thought to the obedience of Christ!  I best allow HIM to guard my treasure chest, for certain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN