HE SPEAKS

I tutor children three days a week helping them in their math or reading.  Yesterday, the students were taking a reading six week's test and I was helping the teacher  by grading the tests. It was announced the test was to be given to me. The direction had to be repeated numerous times.  Yes, these were second graders, but I wonder, why do we need to be given a direction from the Lord numerous times...age, lack of knowledge, inability to hear, impaired hearing?  Sometimes,  my inattention or could it be apathy?  Or maybe rebellion, "I ain't gonna"? Or that I just do not bother to open my Bible and read? Even more scary that I do not recognize my desperate need to hear from HIM and obey?

Numbers 7:89, "When Moses entered the Tent of Meeting to speak with the LORD, he heard the voice speaking to him between the two cherubim above the atonement cover on the ark of testimony.  And He spoke with him."  Because I am in a study, Discerning the Voice of God, my eyes caught the verse and I wondered as I am writing this morning, "Where do you hear the voice of God?"  I note Moses had a designated place and he must have had a disciplined ear, to hear, receive, and obey what God had spoken to him.  He needed direction and obedience to lead and manage some possible 3 million people.

 We are very privileged for we have the Word of God, it is NOT chained and we are not persecuted for possessing the Word.  Yet, if the Word of God is rarely opened or not opened at all, HE may not speak a direction, an action, or an attitude that needs correction OR speak a blessing for just YOU to hear and receive. Do you have a designated place that you can read the Word of God?  Ears and heart open to hear and receive the Word?  God is able to use others to speak His direction to you, He can use His Word to speak, and He can use circumstances to speak.  I had druther go the less complicated or painful way. I choose to go to the Word each morning, and to hear from Him.  In my life, a hot mess can develop so quickly, that I had rather be prepared and positioned to obey. I cannot imagine the myth that my life is so organized and controlled that I do not have need to hear from God! Psalm 32:8-9, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.  Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with a bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you." A PROMISE! Well, this mule wants to hear, receive, and obey.  You get to choose also!  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS