DETAILS

Image result for clip art showing plansEvery year as I come to Exodus 25-40, I easily get over-whelmed with the details and the specificity of the building of the Tabernacle in the wilderness.  I do note that God rarely speaks in generalities.  Being Creator, Master Designer, Elohim, His tendency seems to be very heavy into details.  However, I do marvel that He in creating me, has given me the heart for the big picture.  For those of us who see the big picture, God is so very gracious to surround us with people with the ability to handle details and all its intricacies. Could it be that we need one another?  Novel idea, huh?

One wonders as God instructs Moses to tell the Israelites to bring offerings for the Tabernacle of gold, silver,  bronze, blue, purple and scarlet yarn,  fine linen, also goat hair, animal skins of  rams and sea cows, acacia wood, olive oil,  and gems...I know the record tells that the Egyptians loaded the Israelites with goodies just to LEAVE, where do you get skins of sea cows?  Dead animals from draining the Red Sea?  Were sea cows in the Nile River in Egypt?  I do know that God never ask of us what we do not possess.  God speaks  through Paul in 2 Corinthians 9:8, "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  

This is the first huge physical assignment that God has given to the Israelites.  They are to build a Tabernacle which can be set up and taken down for each move toward the Promised Land.  600+ slaves are going to have to work together under the supervision of Moses. In reading these chapters, I come away most grateful for God keeping His assignments simple for me.  Thank you Lord God, Gracious Father for ALL grace (The Holy Spirit) to abound to me so that at all times,  in all things, having all I need, I can be obedient to the assignment You have given me.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS