I AM!

Image result for CLIP ART NAMES OF gODGod and Moses are having a conversation about the assignment that HE has given Moses.  God directs Moses to tell the elders of the Israelites when asked who has sent Moses to them, "God said to Moses, 'I AM who I AM ' This is what you are to say to the Israelites; 'I AM has sent me to you."   In using the name, I AM, Father God is revealing Himself as the One who will be to them what they need HIM to be.  
I decided to list some of the names of God from the Old Testament, giving only a few of HIS attributes.

Elohim:  Gen. 1:1:  Self- contained, Self-Sufficient, Peerless, the One who stands by HIS creation.
Jehovah: Gen. 2:4:  LORD, I AM, holy, without sin.
El Shaddai: Ps. 91:1-2 :  Almighty God, Satisfiers, Comforts, God of mercy and grace.
El Elyon:  Gen. 14:18:  the MOST HIGH, Sovereign, Ruler, the Only court of Appeal.
El Olam:  Gen. 21:33:  Everlasting God, Inexhaustible, needs no rest, does not grow weary, God of changing circumstance.
Jehovah Jireh: Gen. 22:14:  Provider, HE accomplishes, never caught short, reveals Himself in circumstances of life.
Jehovah Nissi: Exo. 17:5:  My Banner, Source of Victory, Mighty in battle, we fight under HIS flag. 
Adonai:  Gen. 15:2: LORD, One with authority, Master, Owner, deserving of obedience.
Jehovah Roeh:  Ps. 23:1: Shepherd, Keeper, God of tranquility, God over dark shadows. 
Jehovah Saboath: 1 Sam. 1:3:  LORD OF HOSTS, Commander in Chief of the armies of Heaven, Fear-Eliminator.

These names are only a few of God's revealing of Himself in the events of the Old Testament, however, examine your need today.  What do you need that ONLY Jehovah Jireh, your provider, can give to meet your need?  I am so very grateful that Father God is SUFFICIENT  and PERFECT in HIS every attribute as HE purposes and plans for this child!  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS