WHAT'CH HANGING ON TO?

Related imageI continue to wonder from the blog yesterday about forgiveness.  Like you, I too have wanted my hurts validated, but I also wanted the freedom from the hurt and any negative emotions about it.  The real enigma is that I wanted to be free of any unhealthy emotions, but yet, I had a tendency to hang on to the hurt.  Of course, I had gotten the last mile, foot, inch, even centimeter out of it, hating to mention that the hurt may have happened EONS ago.  The question really seems to become, HOW LONG DO I WANT TO HANG ON TO UNHEALTHY EMOTIONS? Do I really want to believe the lie that I am a victim and helpless?  In the mentality of Dr. Phil from television, "How's it working for you?"  Really, how is hanging on to the hurt working on and against you?  We each get to decide if the carrying of the hurt and calling it to remembrance and ripping off the scab promote healing, spiritual health, and wholeness.  I understand hurts, betrayal, disappointment, and life altering events and like you, hurts are not foreign to this 74 year old.

 I think of one of the last truths from our Lord, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  but take heart!  I have overcome the world." John 18:33.  However, an even great truth was spoken in Matthew 6:14, "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.  BUT IF YOU DO NOT FORGIVE MEN THEIR SINS, YOUR FATHER WILL NOT FORGIVE YOUR SINS." Forgiveness as stated yesterday is a response of GRACE of the Lord to your sins and mine.  How can we not offer it to another offender?  Forgiveness is also a process....one which must be healthily practiced as we walk out this faith-walk...no easy fixes or short-cuts.  Our Father always blesses obedience, and we must be unhindered by sin so that we can recognize and enjoy the blessings as they come. Lighten your load..."Today, again, I will humble myself under Your mighty hand of protection and love, and  I will cast all my cares to You, Lord Jesus, for I know You lovingly care for me.  Thank You for the power to resist the evil one because I am not ignorant of his schemes as he prowls about seeking someone to chew on and devour.  (1 Peter 5:6-8)  Free at last because of Calvary!  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN