SMART MOUTH

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING THE MOUTH    Reading in Mark 13 this morning which is almost a repeat from Luke 21.  I find in this reading:  "You must be on guard", "So be on your guard",  "Be on guard, be alert", "Keep watch", and "Watch!"  Five warnings/commands to stay focused.  The reminders are about the return of our Lord.  As I thought about today's reading, very quickly I brought to mind, the thought of my mouth and my speech, and I am reminded, "KEEP WATCH!" 

A friend has taught me to read aloud from Scripture which I do often and this morning, I choose to read aloud from an old book, God's Promises for Life.  Here are some promises about speaking the Word of God:
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."  Hebrews 11:3
"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." James 1:26
"The wise in heart shall be called prudent; and the sweetness of his lips increaseth learning, The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips." Proverbs 16:21, 23. 
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

News report:  my tongue must be taught/disciplined and be held by the restraint of the Holy Spirit.  A caveat to that is also that I cannot allow my thoughts to speak inwardly what I do not speak aloud. Scripture says that I have the mind of Christ, so why do I need to sully it up with trash opinions, judgemental, and critical  thoughts which might feel free to run around in my mind?  From 2 Corinthians 10:2....I must be alert to thoughts which are not honoring to the Lord and to others.  Allowing thoughts to have free range usually means they will come out of the mouth!  So this morning, I yield my mind to be in alignment to the Truth of God's Word..."Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is noble...if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."  NOW WOULDN'T THAT KEEP ME OUT OF FRUSTRATION AND TROUBLE?  Forever learning.  No shortcuts in process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN