OUR AUDIENCE

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING AN AUDIENCE  As I am reading John 12, I cannot even imagine the attempts, the accusations, the constant barrage of verbal attacks against our Lord and mainly by religious leaders.  Even seeing all of the miraculous signs accomplished in the presence of the religionists, they would not believe.  Because they refused to believe in what they have seen multitudinous times, they CANNOT believe.  Each time truth is rejected, a layer, a callous is built on the heart and more blindness/darkness seems to take over.  The snare is set and the evil one applauds. 

John, the gospel writer who seems to have the gift of discernment to know what is within inner man gives us this purview:  "Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in Him.  But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue,  for they loved praise from men more than praise from God." John 12:42-43.  

As I enter a room, whatever my purpose for being in attendance, who is my audience?  Do I attempt to play to the audience and desire their attention and praise, or am I willing to humble myself and delight in the Holy Spirit being my audience and be very content without a verbal "pat" on the back.  Having been in the ministry for thirty-one years with a first husband, now deceased, I WELL understand and have experienced that the praise of man can be mere froth and very fickle!  Which do I desire, the  praise of man or the authentic praise and delight of my Father? Which praise has the more lasting impression?   Which praise do I choose to give to others?  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN