Buy-In's

Image result for clip art showing agreementGod commands Ananias to find Saul and minister to him in Acts 9, "Go!  This man is my chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles, and their kings and before the people of Israel.  Then I will show him how much he must suffer for My name."  I wonder if in those three days of blindness, groping, and feeling his way in the room where Saul is staying if God revealed to him how he is going to suffer for the cause of the gospel? Does he have any understanding of what his "buy-in" to salvation in Christ Jesus will cost him?

At the end of chapter 9 because of Saul's bold  preaching, the Jews conspire to kill him and his followers lower him in a basket over the wall in Damascus.  In chapter 13, Barnabas and Saul, whose name in the Roman language is Paul, are sent to Cyprus to preach in the synagogues and to the Gentiles.  No confrontation occurs, but in chapter 14, they are in Lystra and after the healing of a lame man and bold preaching, the Jews follow him and Barnabas from Antioch and Iconium and are enraged  and incite the crowd to stone Paul and then drag him outside the city leaving him for dead. Disclaimer:  This is only the beginning of his ministry, what will be the continuing harassment and abuse?

When the challenging and difficult times begin to press against us, do we consider our "buy-in" as a Christ follower and consider the cost that may be required of us?  Jesus reminded His disciples, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.  If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.  As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.  That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you, 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also."  John 18:19-20  "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peaceIn this world you will have trouble.  but take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 Please understand the life of the Holy Spirit of God within you is a life of process/sanctification if you are a Christ follower.  Our growth does not occur immediately, but will continue over a life time as we choose to walk out obedience and faith.  We have been assured, we will have trouble...Greek definition, affliction, pressing, oppression, distress, straits, and tribulation.  We have it...we have experienced...we work out the emotions and our responses to trouble through the power of the Holy Spirit.  No short-cuts. There are Rarely immediate fixes, but intentional obedience and faith walking out and through as the Spirit of God empowers, instructs and guides us. I am willing to accept the Truth, I am an over-comer, regardless of my immediate feelings and responses, I will humble myself under God's mighty hand and trust Him for the grace of the "buy in's".   Thank You, Holy Spirit of God that You empower us to overcome!  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN