I WILL NOT BE MASTERED BY ANYTHING!

Related imageThe Apostle Paul is such a stout heart!  As I read from chapter 6 of 1 Corinthians, I come away with rich solid food for the day.  In context of these verses, Paul is speaking of sexual immorality, but I am thinking there are some greater applications than just sexual immorality.  I find that the applications can be directed toward any of the sins which control  ME/us.  Any sin which CONTROLS me is actually an addiction. 

 Paul's declaration: "Everything is permissible for me-but not everything is beneficial.  Everything is permissible for me-but I will not be mastered by anything." 

 I love love his HUGE truth:  "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you received from God?  YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN; YOU WERE BOUGHT AT A PRICE.   Therefore honor God with your body."  1 Corinthians 6:18-20 

Paul further encourages in chapter 7, "Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak." 

I need the reminder by the Spirit of God:  1.  I choose by whom or by what I choose to be mastered.  2.  I have been purchased/redeemed from the slave block maintained by satan, and I was bought with the blood of the Lord Jesus and I belong to the Lord God. 3.  My freedom, because of His payment of the price for my sin, was given to me by His GRACE! 4.  I will not flaunt and treat lightly the work that the Spirit of God is doing in me and decide to go "rogue" and do my own thing.  Holy Spirit of God, You are the 'recaller" of truth, so give me the heart to hear what You are reminding me.  In process.  Forever learning.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN