MERE INFANTS

Image result for clip art of baby bottles




Presently, I am reading in 1 Corinthians 3.  The intro:  "Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly-mere infants in Christ.  I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it.  Indeed, you are still not ready.  You are still worldly.  For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you-are you not worldly?  Are you not acting like mere men?"


Did Paul ever hit the nail on the head in A. D. 55 and one may think that he is speaking in 2017.  I well recall the inconvenient "spit-up" times with each baby...on the way out the door, in a hurry, and no time to change clothes.  Oh the fragrance of soured milk!

I challenge each of us today to be willing to look inward and NOT at everyone else.  Do I ever just spew milk on my listeners because I refuse to ingest the solid food of the Word of God?  I think that our social media is that case in point...only we have softened the "spit up" with the terminology of freedom of speech, transparency, and honesty.  Some of our tweets, our texts, and our posts seem to be more "spit up" of preferences, negative feelings, and sounds of victimization.  They may express honesty and transparency from personal perspective...yet, I wonder, do they express the heart of one who is a new creation in Christ Jesus?  

Paul concludes chapter 2 with this Truth: "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but HE Himself is not subject to any man's judgment;  For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct HIM?  BUT we have the mind of Christ."  1 Corinthians 2:16-17.  SOUNDS LIKE GROW-UP TIME, BABY!  We are out of excuses to be in the constant "spit-up" mode.  Holy Spirit, as the "spit-up" enters my mind and mouth, thump me hard to remind me that this is NOT the mind of Christ ready to leave my heart and mouth!  Forever learning!  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN