KEEP IN STEP

Image result for clip art showing in step    Paul concludes chapter 5 of Galatians with the command: "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying one another." 

At our salvation, God placed within each of us, the Holy Spirit.  He lives within us to teach, to guide, to reveal Truth to us, to empower us to live as a Christ follower, and to illumine the Truths of God's Word that we might understand and be willing to walk out in our daily lives IN ALIGNMENT TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. 

I well recognize my behavior which is contrary to the Spirit of God because it is very obvious and in chapter 5, Paul names the contrary behavior:  "sexual immorality, impurity, debauchery, idolatry, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, fractions, envy, drunkeness, orgies, and the like."  Thank you Lord God, that all of our sins are nailed to Calvary, and we too died with You to them.  They no longer have dominion over us.  These behaviors are NOT in step with the Spirit of God. No longer are we slaves to sin, for sin does not have dominion over us by the powerful action of the Lord Jesus on Calvary.  

To be sure that we understand what keeping in step with the Spirit "looks like", Paul assures us that the following are the behaviors, the fruit that the Spirit is ABLE to produce in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.   I don't know about you, but I can recognize I must do some growing and yielding to the Holy Spirit in several areas of fruit production.  Paul reminds me that I reap what I sow and that I not get tired and weary of doing good because at His timing, I will reap a harvest if I do not give up.  Lord, I do desire a harvest to Your glory and for Your kingdom.  I humble myself under Your mighty hand to reap what I have sown.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  
  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN