PLACARDS

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING SIGNSIn reading Mark 15 and Matthew 27, I glory at the almost identical reviews of the details of the two reporters of the trials and the crucifixion of our Lord.  Thank you, Dear Holy Spirit for guiding and protecting the reporting.  

A placard, a sign, was placed around the neck of the "criminal" to state his offense and he wore it to his place of crucifixion.  In Jesus' case, no mention was made of a placard placed around His neck, but the placard placed above His head on the cross was written in three languages:  Hebrew, Greek, and Roman.  It was Pilate who assigned the writing of "King of the Jews" which would have been a crime of rebellion and treason against the Roman government.  I found it so interesting that no other accusation would "stick" against Jesus except the truth, He was the King of the Jews!  

As I thought of that placard, I wondered:  What would be the writing on my placard if I was on a cross?  What about my tombstone, what do I want engraved as a remembrance of who I was?  What have I lived out, modeled so that I would be remembered by loved ones and acquaintances?  

As i considered the thoughts, my heart and my mind went immediately to Colossians 2:13-15: "When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; He took it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."  

Our offenses/sins against us on our placards have been NAILED TO THE CROSS.  Because of Jesus dying for you and me, and  HE being willing to take on all the sins/offenses of the world past, present, and future, our placard would only state the truth of what the Scripture says of us who have chosen Jesus as Savior and Lord. FORGIVEN, RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST, NO CONDEMNATION, GREATLY LOVED BY THE FATHER, BLOOD COVERED, OR VICTORS might be a few writings on our placard.  Am I willing to live who Scripture says that I am in Christ Jesus or do I cling to the old recordings of who I was before salvation?    Forever learning? AM I ?  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN