WAITING

Image result for CLIPART SHOWING TIME OR A WATCH  As I have expressed so many times, I do not wait well. I have felt that I may be unusual in my waiting with impatience at times. But as I am on the highways, I can tell that waiting is NOT on the mind of some of the drivers about me with the loud horns, international signs, and the bullying techniques. I wait lest well in my prayer requests.  I forget that Almighty God is NOT just dealing with me in my circumstance. He has a plan and a purpose and it may be for loved ones, friends, or extended family about me.  Just imagine:  HIS plan just could be greater!

In reading Luke 2, I caught a phrase, which I could certainly identify: From Gideon to Zechariah, "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has be heard."  Ole Zech and Liz had been married for ages and they are elderly. Can't you see Liz reminding God that her reproductive clock is ticking and winding down? Their original request had lonnnng ago come before the Lord God.  Bareness was an embarrassing and shameful position to be as a woman...surely she had sinned and of course, it was her fault.  Sterility only affects women and not men...fake news!  

Don't you love it that God withheld their request for HIS greater purpose and plan?  Of course, they had no understanding of that truth until Angel Gideon came and revealed that to Zechariah.  I wonder ole Liz's remarks when told she was going to bear a child when she "thought" that she was through with menopause and child bearing?  Note the promises of the angel:  John was to be a joy and a delight and that many would rejoice at his birth.  Even more importantly, he was to be "filled with the Holy spirit even from birth."  John would be used of the Lord to draw hearts of fathers back to their children and to make ready a people for the coming of the Lord Jesus.  NOW THIS IS A TREASURE WORTH WAITING! God was going to use John the Baptizer to usher in the Lord Jesus.  

Sometimes, we are like  Zechariah and Elizabeth, we just ASSUME that our prayers are fruitless, powerless, and were never meant to be realized.  We just move on into life and may allow duty to consume us and the desire to be lain aside and maybe forgotten. One can see how waiting can lead to growing the character of patience or impatience can lead to the sin of doubting, anger, and disappointment.  Thank You, Father, that You work within Your own perfect time and space frame to bring about Your purpose. HE is never bullied and does not hurry at our honking horns! I am learning to wait with patience and peace...at least for today at 6:22am!  I want that character developed in me with more consistency, and God has been working on this project, me, for 74 years! In process!  Always learning!  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN