ASK!

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING ASKING   As a classroom educator, I always appreciate and have appreciated the student who is willing to ASK for help, ASK a pertinent question, or ASK an occasional random question....at least asking is taking place!  Wanting information!

As I look at the parables in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, it seems that MOST of the miracles of healings occurred because of the initiative of the person who was ill or a friend who brought the person to Jesus.  In most cases, the person ASKS to be made well. My focus is not on healing, but the action of ASKING.  

Several thoughts come to mind:
1.  We are reminded in Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."  (Sounds like a promise to me!)
2.  ASKING might suggest that I am willing to humble myself under God's mighty hand, knowing that He loves and cares for me.  (1 Peter 5:6).  
3.  ASKING might suggest that I am willing not only to humble myself but that I am willing to trust an Almighty God rather than trust my flesh attempts to accomplish.
4.  James 3:2, "You want something but don't get it.  You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want.  You quarrel and fight.  You do not have, because you do not ASK God"  Or it just may be that I ASK with a selfish motive and I don't get.  (The next verse. I just can't imagine that! LOL)
5.  My selfish motive in asking...presumption and arrogance, and more than likely, God is not obligated to bless my disobedience.  
6.  ASKING suggests that I have a teachable spirit and that I want to be obedient and learn of HIS purpose and plan.  

Just some thoughts this morning, and as I jokingly say, "Line any birdcage with my thoughts if they don't resonate with you.!"  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN