PERCEPTIONS

Image result for clip art showing perception  Perception is the process of becoming aware through the senses, it can be a mental impression, it is to regard something or to understand something.  

Sunday in my Bible Fellowship Class, we were sharing about our perceptions.  I understand that perceptions are interpreted through my senses, but as I mulled on the topic, the Holy Spirit and Dick brought to my mind that perceptions are also usually interpreted through not only the five senses, but my emotions which may prompt the senses to interpret the perception.  The real question:  Is perception real or is it how my emotions interpret it?  Is my perception Truth, that which is aligned with the Word of God?  I have had to admit that what I have as an opinion or emotion about what I have seen, heard, felt, smelled, and touched can be tainted. 

I encountered  two opportunities which have to do with relationships yesterday, and I had to confess that I have interpreted the relationships and some of my reactions in the relationship were based on my emotions (good, bad, and ugly). Whether the perception was outright and obvious unkindness or I perceived it as such, REALLY DOESN'T MATTER.  I get to learn to step back in milli-seconds and confess to God, that I humble myself under His mighty hand, and then I get to move to the Truth stance...I forgive the person as I have been forgiven by God.  I recognize that stance may have to be practiced every time I encounter a certain relationship.  If I am willing to allow the Spirit of God to interpret the perception based on my thoughts being aligned to the Word of God, then I am set free from forming an unholy opinion/prejudice and I do not have to bolster or prop up the blocks to build up/fortify my opinion/prejudice/excuse stronghold.  I can instead tear the stronghold down.  Again, I get to practice EVERY TIME, I have a perception that wants to prompt me to pride, to being a victim, to compete, to compare, to control or to answer back a hurtful reply which is impossible to call back!  Ephesians 1:18, Paul is praying that the Lord will open the eyes of our understanding.  The Holy Spirit is the Divine Revealer of Truth and we can ask, receive, and trust Him to reveal.  Just some thoughts!  Forever learning!  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN