MY PINK OUT

Image result for CLIP ART OF A PINK OUTLast night, I got to attend a  "Pink Out" for first responders, fire and police, who have succumb to the ravages of cancer.  I stood on the 50 yard line with Kelly, David's wife, and another mate of a responder who had died.  So many emotions grabbed hold of my heart.  I obviously was never in a home-coming court or played football, so the 50 yard line and the center of the field was kind of a "sacred" place for this Mom to be.  David loved football as did my other two sons and their Dad and I logged some years watching and applauding them as they played their hearts out.  I loved watching the Color Guard of First Responders present the flags.  The band playing the Star Spangled Banner for the background of my thoughts of joy and sadness.  As my emotions welled up, I was grateful to honor David, who had a servant heart for people in need and did not run from a fire but toward the fires.  I honor him for fighting hard and not running from the fires that cancer perpetrated on him.  He fought!

As I honor him in my heart and mind this early morning, I do recognize my grief continues.  I cannot focus on his absence daily because of the hurts I feel, so instead, logic and FAITH must set in.  I WOULD NOT HAVE HIM HERE IN THE DISCOMFORT AND PAIN THAT HE WAS ENDURING!  Selfishly, if I could have him back, I would want him healthy and whole!  

I praise God for heaven and because David, though not perfect in living out his faith, made a decision to receive Jesus as His Savior and Lord. Thank You, Father, that our salvation is NOT based on our performance, but the reception of Your dear GRACE.  So this early morning, I RUN to Scripture, my solace, my assurance, and my love, Isaiah 61:3, "To appoint unto them (me) that mourn in Zion (or at my house), to give unto them (me) beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they (I) might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified."  Lord God, my prayer, make this pain productive for the sake of the kingdom of the Lord Jesus.  Only You can cause it to be productive and effectual to Your glory!  Ever learning.  In process, still.  #IHAVETHREESONS. MORE THAN A CONQUEROR Pinking Out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN