A LAMP, A LIGHT

Image result for clip art of a lamp or light"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 110:105.  The light and the lamp to the ancient Hebrew of King David's psalm was a hand-held clay pot like bowl.  I guess maybe the size of the bowl might determine whether it was a light or a lamp.  Conjecture only! 

The author seems to be saying that God's Word is a lamp which brightens or sheds light on an up close object, in this case a path, as he walks along the way. The he adds the second description of the Word of God also being a lamp which can brighten or light the path further down the way.  

I confess that there are but a few times that I have been totally stumped and could not "see" or "know" the next step. Do I EVER hate those times! I align those times  akin to what I have "felt" in the "silence of heaven". I understand there is a major difference in the feeling of "silence from heaven" because of disobedience on my part, and "silence" because God has determined to trust me to walk by faith with the assurance that HE knows and HE is here  as the Holy Spirit in my "sorting" out.   I also confess, His Word has been rich to provide the lamp and light, yet, it has been contingent on my willingness to obey.  I acknowledge with the Psalmist, Truly Your Words are sweeter than honey and I can gain understanding from the study of Your Word. (Ps. 119:103-104).  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN