It's So Hard, Father God!

How I identify and so appreciate the psalmist!  His transparency, his whines, his valid complaints, his doubts, his fears, and most of all, his joys and praises.  Occasionally, I can identify with dear Jeremiah as I wade through some of his heartbreaking cries of gloom and despair.  I delight in the treasures found throughout the Word of God which spur my courage.

During the siege of Jerusalem by the Babylonians, the Lord instructs Jeremiah to buy a field in his home town, Anathoth.  Amazing, he did not waver at the instruction and he bought the land from his uncle, the owner.  He then is instructed to take the deeds and put them in an earthenware vessel for safekeeping.  More importantly, God gives him the promise: "Houses and fields and vineyards shall again be bought in this land."  In prayer, Jeremiah first praises God for His great power and then includes, 
the statement, "Nothing is too hard for you."  Jeremiah reports his obedience of buying the land and guess how God replies back to Jeremiah, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh.  Is anything too hard for me?"  (Jeremiah 32:26)

At times, my whine, "It's too hard Father," is thought or even spoken in prayer to Him, and then the Holy Spirit brings to my mind, God's statement to Jeremiah, "NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR ME!"  That Truth has power to dispel the lie that I or the even one has spoken to my heart.  Hold up the shield of faith....this lie, too hard for me, is one of those fiery arrows which can be extinguished!  Thank you Blessed TRUTH SPEAKER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN