SILVER, GOLD, AND PRAISES

I cannot even imagine but Scripture says that silver was a very common metal in use by Solomon.  He also had a throne overlaid with gold.  This is way beyond, in fact more like out of the galaxy mentality of where I live.  Solomon uses silver and gold in comparisons in many of his Proverbs.  

"The crucible is for silver and the furnace is for gold, and a man is tested by his praise." Just reading this pushed me to the Internet to find out about the smelting of silver and gold.  The extreme heat has been used in the smelting of silver and gold since around 6000-3000 BC.  Today, silver is heated to 1,763 degrees F to melt it and gold melts at 1,943 degrees F.  In the smelting process, impurities of dross which is a lighter by-product floats to the top while slag is heavier and sinks to the bottom of the crucible in the process.  Both are impurities and of little if any value.  

The heart is tested by the praise that we receive....silver, gold, dross, or slag?  I desire that gold comes forth suggesting purity of heart.  Although, I can recall some times that I have not been willing to deflect the praise to the Lord Jesus....dross and slag came forth.  Ole pride loves to enter the room and suck the air out of it!  Thank you Holy Spirit for being so well acquainted with me that you know how much praise to allow come my way.  May I be found faithful deflecting the praise to the Lord Jesus.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN