DECEIT

"Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being" is a phrase from King David's penitent prayer in Psalm 51.  Truth is a large umbrella which includes numerous synonyms: honesty, integrity, verity, and veracity which are but a few.  I also sense that lying, dishonesty, deceit, betrayal, pretense are some antonyms for truth.  My authentic identity must be who I am in Christ.  In Christ, my inward and my outward self must be in alignment with who Christ says I am.  If there is deceit or any character flaw/sin which steers me from the Truth of what God says about me, then I must allow the Holy Spirit to discipline and teach me.  I must agree with God that any behavior which causes me to sin is against Him and against the truth in my inward being. I cannot afford to be nonchalent about my sin because the CROSS is the price Christ endured for my sin. 

Any sin which we choose to practice numerous times in a "go to" situation becomes a stronghold for the evil one.  Deceit is not new, for it was practiced by Adam and Eve as they hid from God because of fear of HIM.  Deceit and fear are close buds.  They build thick walls to keep from being found out.  The stronghold can take up huge room in the inward being if we choose not to confess and repent of that propensity/sin/character flaw.  The psalmist, in Psalm 51, reminds me: "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."  Our confession/agreement with God about about our sin is an act of humility and obedience to the LORD God.  Thank you Lord for your promise if we confess our sin, You are faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness, 1 John 1:9.  WE want to be in alignment with what YOU have declared about US!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN