My "GO TO"

All of us have a default mechanism when we are fearful.  I see in Genesis, that Abraham's "go to" response was lying and deceit in instances with two rulers: Pharoah and Abimeleck.  Fear is so unruly for it gathers other negative fruit with it: unhealthy anger, stress, insecurity, blame, shame, doubt, dismay, discouragement, hopelessness, and the list continues.  

Like Abraham, in the past, I defaulted to unhealthy anger which kept me focused on the problem rather than encouraging me toward proactivity.  Ephesians 6: 16 has become my new default:  "In all circumstances, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one."  What a PROMISE!  I love the "all".  The flaming darts are sometimes of my own work and always helped along with the taunts of the evil one.  Even though at Calvary, his weapons were take from him and he was shamed, I find that if he has a weapon, more than likely, I have spoken it and given him fire power!  Negativity and death words!  

Thank you Lord God for your armor.  I choose today, to put on this armor so that I am able, under the power of the Holy Spirit, to withstand the schemes of the evil one.  WITHSTAND with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN