TEAR DOWN THOSE WALLS!

I am thoroughly convinced that Psalm 107:16 "For He shatters the doors of bronze and cuts in two the bars of iron" could be referencing our strongholds of opinions, analyzings, thoughts, rationales, taunts we have received as truth, embedded fears that we have constructed deep walls around, mindsets of failure...endless lists.  We are admonished to destroy arguments and EVERY lofty opinion raised up against the TRUTH of God and we are to take the lies captive to obey Christ. (2 Cor. 10:4-5)  A friend gave the picture of gathering up the garbage/lies and setting THEM at the curb for the garbage man to pick up.  Occasionally, I will go out to the curb and go through that trash and retrieve a lie.  As I reclaim that lie, whatever its form, I am learning to choose to replace it with Truth from God's Word., and put it back at the curb for the next trip of the garbage man to retrieve.  

Gratefully, I praise God for His power to shatter the door of bronze to the stronghold and the stronghold itself destroying it with the Word of Truth from Philippians 4:6-9...whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely commendable...practice these things, and the God peace will be with me.  Father, give me eyes to see and ears to hear so that I might take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and TEAR DOWN THOSE WALLS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN