I, I AM HE

That phrase, I, I am He is a strong reminder of the I AM in Genesis and all the I AM in the gospel of John.  In context, Isaiah is reminding Israel that the LORD GOD is their only Savior.  They, like us, have trusted their idols: their finances, their government, their abilities, their intelligence, personalities, position, and their power for deliverance and security.  God speaks and states very flatly, "Your have burdened me with your sins; you have wearied me with your iniquities."  Isaiah is that voice crying out to the nation there is no savior but God.  There is no new word for us, we have no savior but the Lord Jesus.  

LORD GOD speaks explicitly, "I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."  (Isaiah 43:25)  In the dark ages, I well remember the ink pen and the small container of liquid that could be used to blot out a written mistake.  Of course, you always smelled like Clorox also.  Yet the mistake was not totally blotted out.  HE wipes off/machah my rebellion for HIS sake (out of HIS grace).  I contemplated what was used to wipe off my rebellion.  It had to be the covering of the blood of the LORD JESUS which truly wiped off my rebellion. The record of my rebellion, my iniquities, and my sin which were against me, wiped off! The old hymn comes to mind, There is Power in the Blood.  Amazing!  HE not only wipes off my rebellion,  but will not remember my sins/sin offerings/shattath.   What a MIGHTY GOD and GRACIOUS FATHER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN