Strongholds

In Scripture, strongholds can be a safe place if Jesus has provided it as a refuge.  However, I also know that a stronghold can denote that secret place in the mind and heart that  has thick walls to isolate, a door of bronze to keep intruders out, and bars of iron to protect it.  What is it that is enclosed within which causes one to isolate, post a keep out sign, and protect?  

We are encouraged to look inward to check our integrity.  What about our mindset of assumptions?  Our presumptions?  Our mullings?  Our opinions?  Our reasonings?  Our analyzings?  Our guesses?  Are they raised up against the TRUTH of what God has said?  Do we act upon them?  Are we willing to frisk them for TRUTH?  Are we willing to take preemptive strikes on them before they come tumbling out of the mouth or become actions?  As I look inward, I am appalled at how skewed my thoughts can be.  They sound so savvy, so correct, and are common sense, but also can be so deceitful that I am blindsided when brought to light by the Spirit.  

Isaiah 45: 2 in speaking to Cyrus who was going to subdue Judah, "I will go before you and level the exalted places;  I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron."  Now if God will perform that for a pagan king, will He not be willing to finger my strongholds so that I may have integrity in my inward parts and enjoy victory?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN