FEAR AND DREAD

Fear is one of my greatest enemies.  I have had ongoing warfare with that mindset/fraility/stronghold/sin.  I have enjoyed great freedom from fear, yet it continues to be a battling process.

Isaiah  was being fearful in chapter 8 because of God's judgment that was coming upon Judah.  God spoke to Isaiah, and Isaiah included this phrase, with His strong hand upon me and warned me not to walk like the people of Judah who were walking in deception to what they saw and heard.  I love God's rhema (God's word for a specific situation) to Isaiah, "But the LORD of hosts, Him you shall honor as holy.  Let Him be your fear, and let him be your dread."  (Isaiah 8:13) 

This was my much-needed rhema for today from the LORD.  There are some pressing mountains, to which I have already spoken, even with my mustard seed faith, and I am grateful for that encouraging word as I had specifically asked the LORD to speak.  Praise You, LORD, and I choose to remain firm in my faith.  I will ask, I will believe, and I will receive in your timing.  Merciful and gracious, YOU are always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN