WAITING ON THE LORD OR BARRELING AHEAD?

I hear that being a first and an only child has some assigned mindsets:  problem solver, get it done, and do it right....just to name a few.  Now that I have gotten older, I know that the real assignment, regardless of age or birth order in the family,  is "WAIT FOR THE LORD"!  The examples of impatience are myriad throughout Scripture and Sarah seems to have been the most far-reaching of models that comes to my mind.  

As I enter my War room, I look over my prayer list of names for whom I am interceding and my personal requests, and the old taunt is whispered by the Evil one and even my own impatience, "LORD, I have been praying these____ years!"  Just betcha that was Sarah's mummer after 25 years of waiting for a promised child, and here we are seeing the manifestation of her impatience.  The choice is mine:  Will I honor God and wait upon Him or will I barrel ahead and take care of it...foolish thinking.  I have worsened an item that I "took care of". 

An old friend gave some sage advice, "Experience is sometimes the teacher of fools!" Hear the counsel of King David, whose impatience caused some folly in his reign, "But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O LORD my God, who will answer."  WAIT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN