YOU CHOOSE: SANITY OR INSANITY

Related image      Chapter 4 of Daniel is  King Nebuchadnezzar's own testimony of a vision, its interpretation,  the vision coming true, and the result of the vision on Nebuchadnezzar.  

King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream and Daniel is called upon to explain the dream.  Daniel with confidence and resolve speaks the meaning of the dream.  Daniel first reminds him that the dream is from the MOST HIGH...a Sovereign greater than he AND IN CONTROL.  Ole Nebbie is told that he will be cut down like a tree, but that he will be like a stump in a field.  He will remain in the field "living like wild animals until seven times pass by him."  Daniel boldly advises the king: "Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed.  It may be that then your prosperity will continue."  Certainly direct and daring counsel!  

Twelve months pass and Nebbie is on his rooftop admiring all that he has built in Babylon by his "almighty power and for the glory of my majesty."  Before he finishes his sentence, the MOST HIGH speaks....his authority is removed from him, he will be driven to the fields living with the animals, he will eat grass with the cattle, and 7 times will pass before he will acknowledge that the MOST HIGH is Sovereign over kingdoms and that HE is in control.  

Verse 21....Nebbie got the message!  His own confession; "raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored.  Then I praised the MOST HIGH; I honored and glorified HIM who lives forever."  

Verses 36-37 is the conclusion of his testimony.  He closes with a key phrase, "And those who walk in pride HE is able to humble."  We have a whole chapter in Daniel plus a personal testimony of how God is offended by our pride.  The Word of God is replete with HIS attitude toward pride.  I am "getting the message" and I want to be very alert to the spirit of pride who never works alone for it infects and affects.  I will again today,  humble myself under the mighty hand of God.  I will cast my cares, and I will resist the ole liar!  (1 Peter 5:7-10)  Ever learning!  Stay alert!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN