WHAT'S IN YOUR EYE?

Image result for Picture of sawdust and a plank of woodWhat is in your eye?  The piece of wood or the sawdust?  Matthew 7:1 is a reminder not to judge others because whatever judgment we have of others will return to us in the same judgment.  What is even more foolish is the judgment of the sawdust in the eye of the one I am judging, and I find it amazing I can even see it when I have a piece of wood in my own eye!  At this point, I begin to make inner vows/judments:  I would never, I am not, I cannot not, he will never, he can't, etc. 

I am called upon to humble myself under the mighty hand of God knowing He will strengthen, complete, establish, and settle me.  1 Peter 5:7 I get to Admit my pieces of wood in my own eye!

My next step is to cast all my cares on the ONE who cares for me.  I do not have to move into fear and then make the giant leap into anger thinking I am being opposed, overlooked, or disregarded by others. 

I will choose to be alert for I know the m/o of the evil one, and he always prowls about to entice my fears, to arouse my anger. and then I speak my inner vows/judgments against others. 

My final step is to begin the process of forgiving others as I have been forgiven.  No small transaction for sure!  It is a process, and by faith, I will make that statement until it becomes my God-honoring response.  

Don't know about you, but I need the grace of the LORD GOD to pray about the sawdust in the lives of others and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to correct my pieces of wood/planks in my own life.  Thank YOU for grace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN