WHO'S RATTLING YOUR CAGE?

I am thinking the real question is who am I allowing to shake my "world"?  My cage, my world, or my life can be rather quiet, stilted, or even boring at times. But then there are times that my world is being "shaken".  I confess the shaker looks like a friend, a family member, an acquaintance or just an anybody.  THEN, there are those times that GOD must rattle my cage to put me back into alert, code red, danger mode.  I can get lulled to consistency and same-ole mentality easily thinking it is just life rattling my cage.  There are only two choices, really: GOD or the GOD allowed uninvited evil one.  MIGHTY SOVEREIGN GOD sees that I have moved into carelessness and so HE allows a rattling or a shaking.  Then there are those other times, that self and the evil one take note that I have moved into "all is well" which can be a false perception.  My cage can be shaken and I need to acknowledge and identify who is "ashaking me".

Oswald Chambers, one of the most heart-pointed devotional writers, reminds "Beware of making a fetish of consistency to your convictions instead of being devoted to GOD."  He reminds that I must be consistent to the life of CHRIST in me rather than to activities and principles.  No higher priority than to think on the LORD JESUS.  Speak LORD if it is YOU rattling my cage.  Evil one, I resist you in the name of the LORD JESUS if this rattling is from you.  CHECK and see who is rattling your cage, either obey HIM or resist him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN