ME ME ME

Image result for clip art showing selfishness I ran upon 3 John 1:9"I have written something to the church, but Diotrephes, LIKES TO PUT HIMSELF FIRST, does not acknowledge our authority." In the church or outside the church the spirit of Diotrephes is screaming in evidence.  It is no wonder that relationships are awry in the home and family,there are divisions in the body of Christ, and everyone is seeking to argue and dispute somebody, anybody. In the name of frustration and disappointment or anger, vile language and emotions are out of control.  Check out the media.  Check out the family.  Check out the body of Christ. Check out government.  Check out the business world.  Granted this spirit of Diotrephes or MEism should not be prevalent among Christ followers but it is as common among us as among those who do not profess Jesus as Savior and Lord.  

Rather than look "out there", it is time for us, me, as the body of Christ to take an inward and individual accounting to check out spirits.  It is far too easy to blame everyone else and the circumstances because that means I do not have to scrutinize my own heart and motives, and feel righteous in my judgments. It also suggests that I don't have to make any adjustments in my own attitudes or behavior.

3 John 1:11 commands me to not imitate evil but imitate good. Note the last part of the verse, "Whoever does good is from God; whoever does evil has not seen God."  I get to account and remind myself, ME, that I get to deny myself and take up my cross and follow the LORD JESUS.  Another opportunity to humble myself under the hand of Mighty God and trust Him to raise me up when HE is ready. 1 Peter 5:6. I can choose to resist the evil one and be obedient or I can be miserable and choose ME ME ME. OH ME!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN