UNHEALED HURTS, UNMET NEEDS, AND EXPECTATIONS

Image result for facial expressions showing disappointment clip artAt times, I can identify with this facial expression, emotion of anger, frustration, or disappointment.  As I am mulling these expressions before the LORD and HIS WORD, I come to this statement of HIM in Psalm 147:3, "HE heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  In this passage, the Psalmist is speaking of the exiles of Israel who are in a foreign land. When I choose to hunker down into my unhealed hurts, unmet needs, and expectations, I am in a foreign land. I find that other emotions want to gather around my victim status to give support: shame, blame, accusation, criticism, anger, skepticism, discontent, perfectionism...to name a few!  There is no peace of heart, no rest of mind and body, and NO JOY!  I am too busy being a victim and blaming someone for my circumstance.  What really blows my little "pity party" is how do I align my circumstances with the spiritual blessings of Calvary on the Christian life?  Calvary defeated every enemy to my soul by the victory of CHRIST JESUS and the empty tomb...defeat of the power of sin and death. Because HE is VICTOR, I too, am victorious in HIM.  In myself,  I am a victim!  I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to be victorious in CHRIST JESUS. 

As I begin to trace the beginning of the knot in my emotions, I find that the source is my ungrateful spirit.  I am not thankful for "what is" but rather, I get hung up on"what is not" by interpretation, what I want and I am not getting!  Psalm 147 further reminds me that the LORD is great, mighty in power, and HIS understanding has NO limit and obviously I am not great, I am powerless, and my understanding is so finite of myself.  According to this Psalm, HE determines the number of stars and calls them EACH by name.  Since HE has infinite knowledge and understanding of them, HOW MUCH MORE HIS UNDERSTANDING OF US WHO WERE CREATED IN HIS IMAGE?  HE knows and understands me and that is GRACE, MERCY, and FAITHFUL LOVE.  My reply for the day, Thank YOU, LORD JESUS for healing my broken heart and binding up my wounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN