PROTECTOR, DEFENDER, POWERFUL, STRONG, FIERCE

I was working through my many thoughts about the manger, but I saw this picture and this is really my stronger image of the LORD JESUS.  I see HIM as the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH from Revelation and the from Genesis as Jacob is describing his son, Judah, and speaking prophetically of the LORD JESUS coming as MESSIAH.  

I wondered about a lion and I wondered even more why CHRIST would be compared to a lion.  Some descriptors of a lion: courageous, bold, fearless, powerful, fierce, conquering, protector, authoritative, majestic, and these are but a few of them.  As lion, He appears to my heart and mind so much as the ONE who has fearlessly defeated my "enemies": frustrations, challenges, difficulties, disappointments, fear, and a boatload more.  I so need that image of truth.  HE is the conquering ONE who has already won every battle at Calvary, that I will ever encounter.  Ole 1600's Jonathan Edwards said of the lion, "Unless your enemies can conquer this LION, they shall not be able to destroy or hurt you, unless they are stronger than HE, they shall not be able to hinder your happiness." 

Thank YOU, LORD JESUS for being the LION of the Tribe of Judah, then becoming the SACRIFICIAL LAMB slain before the foundations of the earth for me.  More than a conqueror thru CHRIST JESUS who loved and gave HIMSELF for us!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN