I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH

Image result for clip art showing joyJust finished reading 2 Timothy and love Paul's testimony as he is nearing death by losing his head, more than likely. "The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom.  To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen"  What a testimony!  I love his statement of what the years of investing in the body of Christ  and the Gentiles had been like: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." This was his joy.

Paul understood who his 'real" enemy was and the adversary he HAD to fight to keep the faith.  I admit that sometimes the adversary looks very familiar and may be in my household or family.  The real truth is that the enemy is my faulty mindset to which I keep defaulting, SELF, or the work of the evil one who is full of joy that I have blamed someone else other than him.

Peter was ever so kind after reminding me to supplement my faith with virtue, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection, and love, he says if I am lacking in these qualities, then I am nearsighted and blind.  I recognize that the blinding can be self which requires a lot of attention because of "bratiness".  I am not going to be able to finish the race if my focus is myself.  

Life is getting shorter and the desire of my heart is Paul's testimony.  I desire to be found faithful to the faith to which God has graced me.  My challenge for the day: FIGHT ON, BUT FIGHT THE ENEMY TO MY FAITH!  It ain't flesh and blood unless it is me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN