AM I IN THE PLACE OF GOD?

Joseph's brothers have come to him after the death of their father, Jacob.  Of course they come to him with guilt and being masters of manipulation, they state to him what their father, Jacob had told them, "I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and the wrong they committed in treating you so badly.  Now forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father."  Joseph's response, he wept.  As his brothers fell down before him, he asked them, "Am I in the place of God?  

Other strong faith statements were made by Joseph, but I want to focus on "Am I in the place of God?"  Listening to pastor Tim Keller, this question took on a practical light.  Do I move onto the Throne of God and take control of my life and try to govern others?  You bet I do.  I have taken that action and I wished it was a action that only I decided to make.  My mother, Eve from Eden, had the same mentality...I can be like God.  The real conclusion of my desire to take the "chair" of God is that I align my mind and heart with the ole liar who tried the same strategy in Ezekiel 28.  That choice only brought hell, destruction, death, and chaos into our world.  

As I glance back over the 60+ years that I have been a Christ follower, (I can only stand glancing because it has been too frequently I have chosen to take the "chair"/throne of God, and at times, not even cognizant I was doing so) but since it has been my default mind set, I confess, I have sinned too many times against YOU, HOLY GOD and have tried to usurp YOUR will and YOUR authority for my life.  I have blocked, checked, and hindered the working of the HOLY SPIRIT and what HE has purposed for me.  Thank YOU, ABBA FATHER, for grace, mercy, and forgiveness.  I choose to not sit on your "Chair" Your throne and I will trust YOU.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN