WHAT CHA WEARING TODAY?

If it were not for clothes shopping, trying on clothes, and trying to fit the bottom of my mind with the bottom of my body, I could be a clothes' horse.  Clothes' horse is another expression for loving clothes...an idol? 

 I think I will move on to my intention for blogging this today.  Colossians 3:12, "Therefore, as God chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

As I dress each day, I put on the clothing suited for the occasion of the day.  Staying home, it's jammies and worn out clothes.  If I am leaving the confines of the home, I am going to dress in the colors which are complimentary.  I can't wear the earth tones...they are lovely, but not on me.  

Today, I was reminded in Scripture about my clothes.  What a compliment Paul has given us...chosen by the LORD, holy (set apart for HIS purpose), and dearly loved.  OK, you may not recognize yourself,  but this is His assessment of you. Oh, that we would align our lives, thoughts, and behaviors with the TRUTH of GOD'S WORD.  Notice, the passage does NOT say, GOD will clothe you, but rather, YOU and I are to intentionally put on/clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  As an act of my conscious and intentional will, I will clothe myself.  Of course, the empowering and indwelling HOLY SPIRIT will give us the desire and the will to clothe ourselves with HIS character.  For sure, I ain't got HIS character unless HE is indwelling and empowering me!  Sorry for the "ain't got"!   So friends, let's check out our closets and see if the clothes we are choosing to wear  today are complimentary to the Spirit of God who indwells and empowers us!  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN