WALKING HUMBLY BEFORE OUR GOD

For years, I pictured humility looking like walking with head down in a worship setting and always denigrating self wherever I was.  Sounds sickly to me now.  I desire a godly model of humility...I see Moses, Joseph, Daniel, Paul, and in perfection, JESUS.

Micah 6:8 is a reminder.  I have shown you, now do it! "He has showed you, O Cheryl, what is good.  And what does the LORD require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your GOD."  Another reminder from 1 Peter 5:6, "Humble yourselves, therefore under GOD'S mighty hand, that HE may lift you up in due time."  Both of these incidents of humility are active verbs which I must do myself.  I am thinking there is a big difference in my willingness to humble myself than for God to have to humble me!  

The LORD JESUS is the model of humility.  Isaiah 53 shows some word pictures of what humility looks like.  Oppressed, afflicted...He did not open His mouth.  No vengeance, no anger, no swearing and HE was NOT GUILTY.  Philippians 4 reminds that HE was willing to leave all the glories of Heaven, not thinking of HIS ego or position, to take on the form of a servant and was obedient to the point of death.   

Oh LORD, today, I submit to the Indwelling HOLY SPIRIT to give a TRUTH picture of humility and I desire to submit to walk out that TRUTH model, the LORD JESUS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN