YOUR FACE. O LORD, I WILL SEEK

If God should ever tweet my most frequent phrases to Him, my most frequent would be, "God, I don't understand what You are doing!" I just betcha that HE who is Almighty, All-Knowing, Ever-Present, All-Hearing, All-Seeing, Sovereign LORD God surely must shake HIS majestic head and wonder, "Who does she think that she is to be able to understand my ways?"  Flawed, finite, and fragile one understanding the Magnificent and All-Glorious ONE?  I wonder who told me that I would understand and that I was supposed to understand?  Is this the veiled thought that I could be like God? 

When I don't understand what God is doing, which can be all too frequent, I want to have the heart of the Psalmist, Psalm 27:7-8, "Hear my voice when I call, O LORD, be merciful to me and answer me.  My heart says of you, "Seek His face!"  Your face, LORD, I will seek."  I don't need to seek to understand, but to seek HIS face and remember that God is good, ALL the time.  He has a perspective, a purpose, thoughts, and ways and I get to yield to HIS mind and faith HIM.    

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS