THE GATE OF THE LORD

As I was looking over Psalm 118, the psalmist requested that the gates of righteousness be open for him.  He vowed that he would enter and give thanks.  The next verse was rich: "This is the gate of the LORD through which the righteous may enter, I WILL GIVE THANKS , FOR YOU HAVE ANSWERED ME, You have become my salvation."  I am being obviously reminded that I enter His presence, by His grace, and upon that entrance, I give thanks.  I forget to be a thankful spirit.  I wished that I would FORGET to whine, complain, and grumble!  It all has to do with what am I willing to practice and what do I believe about God.  

I loved a study that I got to watch and take notes, Being Tested.  Bruce Wilkinson was the speaker, and he gave a real practical that I NEEDED to hear.  Everyday as he is journaling his prayers, he FIRST lists 10 blessings that God has done, and then after listing, he proceeds with his prayer and study.  I have been asking the LORD for a better memory to recount His goodness and blessings to me, and this was a perfect suggestion that I needed practically. 

I enter His throne room with confidence based on His grace and because He said I could enter and ask. It seems that praise and thanksgiving draw me closer to His lap and His heart.  I recall those years of loving to be held by my earthly Father climbing into his lap, so my Perfect Abba desires that I come close, cling to Him, even climbing into His lap.  I want Him to whisper again those truths that He promises and for my security in HIM, alone, to be enlarged.  "I give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS