PROMISES

It has been said there are some 30,000 Promises in Scripture.  I understand that His Word is Truth.  He has said that He honors above all, His Name and His Word. (Ps. 138:2)  In listening and watching Bruce Wilkerson in a Bible study on "The Testing of My Faith", my ears perked up as he spoke of Hebrews 6:13-20.  God made His promise to Abraham that he would have a son, Issac.  He swore, no pinkie swear, but He swore by Himself because there was NO ONE GREATER that Abraham would bear a son. Abraham received that son...thinking some 25 years later.  

He wanted to make known His purpose to His heirs, us, He confirmed His promises with an oath.  Bless His Name, for it is impossible for God to lie!  We get to take hold of this hope, that HE is a Promise Maker and Promise Keeper.  This hope/promise is an anchor for my soul, my mind, my will, and  my emotions whether there is much joy or the winds are blowing hard against me.  The anchor/promise keeps me grounded and immovable.  This hope/promise enters into the Heavenlies where the LORD JESUS and His Spirit intercede in my behalf.  His promises, our hope are our anchors to ground and to stabilize.  We are SECURE in CHRIST JESUS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS