GUARD YOUR HEART

How much I needed the reminder from Prov. 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  As I pray and make requests of Father God, as I "try" to wait upon Him, sometimes the waiting and the "when God" begin to press on my heart.  Once my heart begins to consider what is God doing, then my heart begins to fill with anxious thoughts:  What is my sin?  Why is He not hearing and responding to my 911?  What else do I need to do?  God is testing what I believe about HIM and HIS faithfulness, even His promises.  The heart becomes divided with the taunts and lies of the evil one and my offensive ways of fear, doubt, pride, not can God, but will He?  

I get to guard my heart by praying and hearing Him speak.  Then being willing to grab the anchor of hope, HIS promise and be steadfast with the power of the ONE who indwells me.  For me, this is a life-long process, NO SHORTCUTS in being a Christ follower.  Once I make my requests known, then I get to hear HIM say, "Will you show me a thankful spirit?"  Yes LORD, I will be thankful for what I do not possess, yet I will be thankful for what I have received and will receive in YOUR timing and not in what I think is distress and 911.  HE KNOWS, HE INDWELLS, IT IS FOR MY GOOD, and HE HAS A PURPOSE in conforming me...you to the IMAGE of the LORD JESUS.  It is my responsibility to guard my heart for HE has provided all that is necessary for life and godliness in Christ Jesus.  2 Peter 2:3.   May I as a good soldier  and guard my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS