SIN IS CROUCHING

It is so puzzling to me how in Psalm 51:4 that King David could say, "Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight." I understand that he was speaking to God, but I wonder that he had no understanding of how his choice would affect Bathsheba?  What he chose to model to his sons and daughters?  What he chose to model and hide to the people that he served?  The real truth is that our every choice affects someone beside ourselves. 

I am reading in Genesis 3 and I wonder did Adam and Eve consider the repercussions of their choice?  As I begin chapter 4, I now see the effect upon their offspring.  

Both Cain and Abel both made an offering to the LORD.  Abel's offering was accepted, and Cain's was not.  Cain became angry.  God chose to speak with Cain about his anger and was so gracious to even give him warning, "And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door.  Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it." Cain ignored the opportunity to make another choice, and then chose to murder his sibling. Tragically, Cain then became a man on the run from God. God graciously protected him as he "went away from the presence of the LORD."

This reminds me to be on alert.  The evil one always crouches, observes, and hears us. Because I am a Christ follower, he cannot possess or take me captive, but he waits to injure, mane, and render me useless for the purposes that God has set for me. I am not a victim for in Christ Jesus, I have a way of escape provided by Calvary and HIS grace.  I must allow my choices to come under the scrutiny of the LIGHT of His Word, and consider:  How will this choice affect others rather than just me?  Because of Calvary and the empty tomb, I am "more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus who loved me and gave Himself for me."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN