EXPERIENCING LACKS/LOSSES

This go round in reading Job, I have been able to identify with him in some areas.  I am so grateful that God continues to use the flawed, the finite, and the fragile to His glory.  

Job in chapters 29 and 30 compares where he "usta be" and where he is now, and he experiences a vast difference is what was and now what is.  Not sure if it is his own perception or is it real....he still feels the pain of lack/loss. 
Don't know about Job, but I do know that in my lacks and from my losses, there can be great spiritual warfare.  In my lacks and my losses, I am much more vulnerable to the evil one's taunts and jabs.  I can rip the scabs off and rehearse the pain repeatedly and move more deeply into regret and bitterness,  or I can agree that I have experienced or am experiencing lacks and some losses and be willing to receive and to trust God for His implanted Word for that situation.  The evil one loves it when I covet and compare my losses, my lacks to another whose life seems so extravagant and perfect.  He loves it when I perceive myself as a victim rather than the truth, I am "more than a Conqueror through Christ Jesus who loves me and gave Himself for me."

My lacks have been fruitful in my spiritual growth.  I am much more apt to finger the taunts of the evil one.  I am recognizing that the work being done is by His Spirit and not by my might and power.  I also am experiencing that God has used the times of stress and pain to draw me to faith and prayer for self, spouse, family, and others.  The very best is that the Holy Spirit has fingered and brought to light some crappiness in my mindsets which have displeased and dishonored HIM.  In Christ Jesus, I have been given a new spirit and a new mind.  I do not have to keep returning to the default mindset and resuscitating it, for I can have the mind of Christ.  NO shortcuts in sanctification. The process of sanctification is arduous, painful at times, and  repetitious.  I can come away today grateful for the process and willing to lay aside my complaints and whines because the process is so challenging.  Grateful for the Indwelling Spirit who empowers me for practical righteousness.  GRACE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN